Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Hamm's, dog.




You have to hand it to banquet beers. You've got Coors, Hamm's, Olympia, High Life, Schlitz, Budweiser-- the beers your grandfather drank. And while I usually drink my own brand, or a New Belgium something-or-other, I have to tell you that last night Hamm's was good.

I made it to work by eight and spent the day with my brother building a round pen, throwing two pallets of horseshoes, two pallets of salt, mucking out a chicken pen, changing the marquee, and somehow having a decent sales day despite ourselves. By the time the old seven-pee-em rolled around, we decided it best to call it. I stopped by the store and picked up a couple of chickens (none in the freezer yet this year).

I threw them in a cast iron pot with some bacon grease, rosemary, thyme, and pepper, tossed that in the oven, and proceeded to sit barefoot on my lawn, drinking my Hamm's, watching the sun go down on a still night.

Teaching two nights this week. Will try and make it out to the shop tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment