Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Duck coop, finished.



I used the few days when it was snowing to get all the battens cut out and get the door finished. I had expected to have time to make some hinges, but the weather cleared and so I bought a pair instead. The next time I'll make my own. The danger inherent in blacksmithing, though, is that the first time you make anything, you have to make the tools to make it-- tongs, jigs, punches, etc. It can make even something as simple as hinges take a very long time to make.

On Sunday, I squared the door up, nailed all the battens down, installed the hinges (and the door), temporarily blocked the escape hatch, and moved the new tenants in. I have to make a few repairs to some lath fence before they can go outside, but at this point the Campbells are too small to go out anyway.

Until next time.

Updated Flickr Gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment