Pages

Friday, May 28, 2010

The coop, complete.

Breathing out, finally. It weighs over 500#, took me over 20 hours of build time, and moving it into position on Lu's lawn required four guys, four logs, and ended up looking like an episode of the History Channel's "How Shit was Done in the Middle Ages" but it is that-- done. I can say without reservation that this is the finest structure I've built to date and I'm happy with 95% of the details. Without further ado, the coop!



A view of the removeable summer window.





Board & batten cedar siding, fully trimmed out, hand-fit mitered door panels.



The nest boxes, facing the door.



The removeable cleanout box.



The hinged chicken door (closed) with cleats for traction.



A rer view of the cedar siding and to give you a sense of scale.



A closeup of the removeable summer window.



I wished she'd have ordered a 6' x 8' instead-- the proportions of the 4' x8' just aren't as pretty.

And that's that.

1 comment: